Pet Supplements that are MADE IN USA by Kos Tonics

100% USA Made Pet Supplements

Share

USA Made, Made in America, American Made and more. These are words that truly mean something to us. As port and overseas container delays and supply chain issues have emptied shelves in some US cities, it has some people wondering if their favorite pet products are actually made In America?

Just look on the label for “Made in USA.” Right? Not so fast.

Unfortunately, the label does not tell us the whole story. It often does not even come close. In general, here in the USA there are very few consumer items that are available for purchase that have absolutely no overseas sources. However, when it comes to pet supplements you do have a choice.

Retailers can demand products from distributors with ethical sources and more. As consumers you have a choice to purchase 100% USA made pet supplements and demand that your favorite stores carry them.

There are potential quality issues, manufacturing differences, safety concerns and more when it comes to overseas sourced products.

A look beyond the label.

In the pet industry you may find the trickiest of labels, but here is a look beyond the label of some of them. It’s important to note that all of these come from overseas in some regard, but most if not all, will have a form of “Made In The USA” (note: the key descriptor “100%” is missing) written on them.

• Recipes formulated in the USA but mixed and bottled overseas.
• Ingredients sourced from the USA and sent overseas to be bottled, tipped, capped and labeled.
• Bottled for an American company, by a company that is located overseas.
• A company based in the USA buys ingredients from overseas sources.

Why do companies do this and how is it legal?

The reason they do this is simple – profits. Unfortunately, when it comes to our pets, some companies put profits over health and safety. It is simply cheaper to do business this way. Some companies make so much money that fines, penalties, law suits and more simply pay for themselves with those profits. It’s a wash for them.

With mass consumer products there are in fact, very strict guidelines that govern the labeling products with “Made in USA” or “Made in America.” It comes down to a “percentage value”. In some cases it may be as little as 10%, while the remaining 90% is elsewhere (ie. China). To qualify, most (not all) of a product’s parts and materials, as well as the factories that assemble, must be domestic. Often times retailers are not aware of the complete details.

The Federal Trade Commission can fine violators heavily. The problem is that it is mostly an honor system. However, profit margins on overseas products simply end up more appealing to the manufacturer. Investigations by the FTC general do not begin on their own and the best they can really do is encourage doing the right thing.

Kos Tonics Pet Supplements are 100% USA Made. Here is what that means:

• Ingredients, recipes formulated – USA.
• Bottling, tipped, capped and labeled – USA.
• Plastics, glass, other materials – USA.
• Based in, employees from, everything – USA.

It’s not the cheapest way to do business, but in our opinion, it’s the only way to do business.

By supporting 100% USA Made manufacturers, it not only eliminates potential safety issues, you are supporting our USA economy exclusively.

Click here to start shopping.

Shopping Cart
My Rewards